Innovative Market Research & Strategic Management Advisement Services
Valient Market Research is a full-service market research and strategy advisement partner to corporations, small businesses, start-up firms, management consultants and entrepreneurs from around the world.
Focused on improving your market research and corporate performance, our researchers, industry domain experts and strategic management consultants deliver insightful, differentiated thinking to businesses large and small.
Enabled by cost-effective global quantitative and qualitative data collection methodologies, our executive research team provides corporate leaders around the world with breakthrough custom ad-hoc consumer and business-to-business research. Below is a sampling of the types of data collection modes we commonly use:
- Online, Mail, Phone & Mobile Surveys
- Online & In-Person Focus Groups
- Online Bulletin Boards
- Online Communities
- Telephone & In-Person In-Depth Interviewing
- Secondary & Desk Research
- Customer Panel Development & Maintenance
Whether you need to strengthen bonds to your customers, develop new products and services or validate a new advertising & communications program, Valient can deliver strategic insights that lead to success and increased profitability.
Proprietary Research Methodologies Yield Actionable Insights
Valient's quantitative, qualitative and advanced analytics-based research methodologies are deployed to engage your target audiences, uncover unmet needs, determine drivers of behaviors and uncover actionable insights.
Quantitative – Valient's quantitative research methodologies incorporate sophisticated statistical modeling and multivariate analysis techniques that are designed to uncover powerful insights. These approaches help shape marketing, communications & advertising campaigns, further develop product & concepts for target markets and explore market sectors to determine barriers to entry, assess the current competitive landscape and determine optimal market positioning. Some of the quantitative methods we leverage include:
- Brand Equity Assessment – Designed to optimize brand positioning and develop sustainable competitive advantages in the marketplace.
- MarCom Assessment – Advanced techniques designed to understand the effectiveness of advertising & communication concept components including imagery, copy testing and key message evaluations.
- Competitive Assessment – Provides your current competitive positions, those of your major & minor competitors and identifies methods to improve positioning and identifying barriers to entry and movement.
- Customer Satisfaction, Loyalty & Winback – Delivers accurate key performance indicators (KPI) and longitudinal tracking regarding your relationships with current, past and future customers. Determination of key drivers of customer satisfaction and retention/loyalty is essential to enacting customer-centric relationship strategies and deploying innovative methods to winback lost or defector customers.
- Market Strategy – Leveraging Valient's complete assessment tool box including brand equity, marketing communications, price and competitive assessment, Valient's highly skilled management consultants develop concise, data driven market strategies to elevate brands, increase sales and deepen relationships with existing customers.
- Consumer Shopper Insights Developing feedback systems from your current & prospective consumer customers is a major success factor for industry leading firms. Valient's ability to provide geo-targeted and shopping event triggered data streams allows our clients to fine tune and alter merchandising, digital & mobile marketing & sales strategies to increase per shopping visit sales, maximize profit and grow market share.
- Qualitative - Valient utilizes a wide array of qualitative methods to engage your target audience, probe beyond the superficial, and uncover the emotions that motivate consumer and business decision maker thinking and ultimately action.
- Focus Groups – Valient's extensive network of over 60 U.S. metropolitan area focus group facilities and over 100 international focus group locations, we can provide full-service moderator's guide development, focus group moderation, participant recruitment, incentivization and hosting services to make any qualitative project a success. Valient is a member of the FocusVision international focus group facility network that provide live broadband streaming of focus group sessions directly to your laptop or mobile device.
- Online Focus Groups – Valient's online focus group capabilities leverage the industry's best online focus group hosting platform for small & large focus groups, in-depth interviews and large community forums. This flexible, cost-effective offering can provide you with qualitative insights from hard-to-reach business decision makers, consumers located in markets not served by central location focus group facilities and large geographic areas. Valient provide full-service moderation guide development, focus group moderation, transcription, participant recruitment, incentivization and comprehensive reporting services. Live respondent webcam simulcasting is also available on this platform. Graphic & audio stimuli are easily uploaded into this platform for all project requirements.
- Online Bulletin Boards – Valient's online bulletin board capabilities leverage the same platform as our online focus group hosting platform and provide an excellent forum for extended response bulletin board projects. Graphic and audio stimuli are easy to test using this method
- Advanced Analytics – Valient's extensive analytic toolbox is continually updated to leverage the thinking of leading academics, social media experts and statistical software developers. Among the many advanced analytics methods we leverage include:
- Hierarchical Bayesian Modeling & Analysis – Used for the creation of realistic buyer behavior and decision making models, Hierarchical Bayesian techniques are also used to produce highly accurate models for sales & marketing return-on-investment, campaign effectiveness and other complex market-based issues.
- Latent Class Analysis (LCA) – Identifies unobservable sub-groups within a given population. These models are used to better understand the impact of exposure to patterns of multiple risks – as well as the antecedents and consequences of complex behaviors – so that new strategies can be implemented to specifically target these sub-groups.
- Conjoint & Discrete Choice Modeling – A discrete choice model is one in which survey respondents choose among a set of alternatives. These models can include binary response or ordered response models. To ?t within a discrete choice framework, the set of alternatives – the choice set – needs to exhibit three characteristics:
- Alternatives need to be mutually exclusive
- Alternatives must be exhaustive
- The number of alternatives must be ?nite.
- Maximum Difference (MaxDiff) Scaling – An excellent approach for obtaining preference and importance scores for multiple items including brand preferences, brand images/logos, product features & attributes and advertising claims. Respondents are shown a set of the possible items in the MaxDiff exercise and are asked to indicate the best and worst items from each subset. Survey respondents typically complete a dozen or more such sets where each set contains a different subset of items. The combinations of items are designed with the goal that each item is shown an equal number of times and pairs of items are shown an equal number of times. Typically, each respondent sees each item two or more times across the MaxDiff sets. These MaxDiff exercises focus on estimating preference or importance scores for typically between 15 to 40 items though hundreds of items could be accommodated in more advanced applications.
- TURF Analysis – The acronym TURF stands for "Total Unduplicated Reach and Frequency." TURF is an optimization approach for finding a subset of items that "reach" the maximum number of respondents possible. It is frequently used to determine the quantity and mix of products needed to meet customer demand within a given market.
- Laddering – This qualitative approach is used to identify and understand the underlying needs and motivations of target groups with regard to their purchase and choice behaviors. Laddering is based upon a deep understanding of individual personal values and is used to determine the importance of these values and how it impacts individual decisions regarding brand, product or service purchase choice. Within this methodological framework, individual personal values that are most dominant in driving behavior for a given decision are identified. These driving values help identify the most important rational and emotional benefits to consumer and business decision making audiences. In turn, these benefits help to focus attention on the most important tangible aspects of the decision. This approach is based on the means-end theory that suggests that key values are an end. Key attributes of selecting a brand, product or service choice constitute the means that lead to functional and psychological benefits which ultimately foster (or impede) deeply held personal values. By positioning a brand in a way that triggers these important pathways of thought or perceptual orientations and by communicating to audiences in a way that triggers these important personal values, advertising can better influence audience perceptions.
Consumer & Shopper Insights
Deep consumer insight is crucial to successful strategy development and execution. Understanding what matters to consumers and drives their behavior is essential for leveraging countless sources of advantage—from creating growth opportunities, developing new products, evaluating acquisition targets and developing outsourcing strategies. Quite simply, consumer insight helps companies answer some of today's most important questions:
- What are the most attractive segments for my organization?
- Which market segments are sizable, economically attractive, and defensible?
- What are the consumer's needs and how can we best serve them?
- How are we and our competitors perceived by our customers, and by our potential customers?
- What are the purchase and decision behaviors and patterns of consumers & shoppers?
- Where are the biggest profit pools in our addressable market today?
- What are the key levers and triggers to acquire and retain customers?
- Where can we grow?
- Can we profitably extend our brand(s) into new products, categories, and segments?
Through our unique Consumer Insights practice, Valient applies a unique, integrated approach that brings clients the full value of deeper customer understanding. We strive to uncover insight that translates into actionable strategies that drive measurable economic impact. Our customized consumer research is grounded in deep knowledge of business context and tightly integrated into strategic decision-making.
We push for deep insights and tie our findings directly to economic impact measures and their value to an organization. We also partner with companies to expand their existing capabilities, utilize their internal expertise, and leverage their category knowledge to further consumer & shopper insights.
Beyond this, we also have proprietary tools that we have developed over the years—qualitative and quantitative techniques that give deep insight and that are custom-applied to each client opportunity. We bring with us to each case a history of actionable insights drawing on our extensive research knowledgebase. By systematically integrating our consumer insight research into our work, we enable our clients to create real-world impact.
Valient Poll™ Online Panel Network
Comprised of more than 30 million consumers and 3 million business decision makers around the world, our Valient Poll™ Online Panel Network provides unrivaled access to survey respondents in over 150 countries around the world. Commonly used for press releases, advertisement claims and other public release purposes, The Valient PollTM is a cost-effective platform for delivering consumer & business decision maker insights.
To join our panel, visit our webpage at: http://www.valientsolutions.com/joinourpanel.html